HMI Pad Forums Main Forums ScadaMobile Support AB PLC5/40E

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  p_logix 49 years, 11 months ago. This post has been viewed 929 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

p_logix

Hi does scadamobile support ab plc5 ethernet processors. I cant seem to find any examples and I tried the micrologix examples because the integer files and binary files
      are the same but it didnt work. I tried opening ports 2222 and 44818.

Thanks,

-Paul

John
      Keymaster

The EIP/PCCC protocol is intended for Allen Bradley Micrologix and SLC5 controllers. This uses PCCC commands (similar to DF1) embedded in Ethernet/IP frames on port 44818. This is in contrast to CSP/PCCC which is not supported.
        I know some very old SLC5 and micrologix controllers must be updated to newest firmware to support this. I am not completely sure about the PLC5, but I assume it should be the same or you may need to add a PLC-5 Ethernet/IP Interface Module.
        Maybe if you post the error message you get on the ScadaMobile app this can bring us some more data on why this is not currently working.

Thanks

p_logix

I get connection error: "connection refused"

I don't think I need an ethernet interface module because this particular processor has a built in ethernet port on channel 2.

However I wonder if the version of this processor is to old because it is a revision B and I am not sure if this supports Web services.

Thanks

John
          Keymaster

Just to clarify. ScadaMobile does not use Web Services but the low level Ethernet/IP communications protocol as documented by Rockwell Automation. I believe the most likely cause of your issue is that the processor does not support modern AB communications. The message you get "connection refused" usually means the port is not open on the target device, so your version of the processor may not even support any communications on port 44818.

p_logix

[quote][b]Quote from John on August 4, 2013, 21:00[/b]
              Just to clarify. ScadaMobile does not use Web Services but the low level Ethernet/IP communications protocol as documented by Rockwell Automation. I believe the most likely cause of your issue is that the processor does not support modern AB communications. The message you get "connection refused" usually means the port is not open on the target device, so your version of the processor may not even support any communications on port 44818.[/quote]

Thanks John,

I will contact RA and find out if the series of processor supports communications on port 44818.

Perhaps there is a flashing procedure or an upgrade with this processor. I will post what RA has to say. Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © SweetWilliam, S.L 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
            Science and Technology Park of the University of Girona, Emili Grahit, 91 (NarcĂ­s Monturiol building, Office P3-B03) 17003-Girona. Phone +34972183244