HMI Pad Forums Old forum Support (old) Adding BOOL inputs for LOOKUP use

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  clayton 7 years, 3 months ago. This post has been viewed 1086 times

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

clayton

Hi,

I Have been using ScadaMobile for a while now with PLC’s, and it is a great product.

Now I am using it with basic ethernet remote io, and it works well with that too. This has many possibilities, since remote io is very inexpensive.

Since I do not have any processing power to manipulate tags within the controller, I would like to find out if it is possible to display text on a line (from a lookup table) based on some BOOL inputs.

I can get this working if I assign a scadamobile “line” to each BOOL value, and then do some math on it. However I do not want to have 20 lines of nonsense, since the individual bool values are of no use to the scada user.

I would like to discretely get these 20 bool values into ScadaMobile without displaying them, and display one line containing text from a lookup table based on these 20 inputs.

Is this possible?

Regards, Clayton.

John
      Keymaster

Clayton

You can always use the ‘hidden’ attribute to prevent rows from being displayed, just set hidden=true; on the rows you do not want to display.

Then you can configure a single visible row with style=lookup; to display a chosen text depending on your inputs.

On that same row you need to compute an integer value from your inputs that points to the relevant entry in the lookup table, this can be done using an arithmetic formula or more conveniently using the ternary operator like this: (assuming 10 inputs named from in1 to in10 in hidden rows)

style=lookup; value = in1?1:in2?2:in3?3:in4?4:in5?5:in6?6:in7?7:in8?8:in9?9:in10?10:0;

with this expression you get a number from 1 to 10 depending on the active input or 0 if no input is active, the number is used as an index to the lookup texts table.

I hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © SweetWilliam, S.L 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
      Science and Technology Park of the University of Girona, Emili Grahit, 91 (NarcĂ­s Monturiol building, Office P3-B03) 17003-Girona. Phone +34972183244