HMI Pad Forums Main Forums HMI Pad Support Compactl Logix Write to PLC Issue

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mohrland 3 months, 3 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 347 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mohrland
    Participant

Hello,

Having an issue writing data to an AB Compact Logix PLC. So far I have made a few buttons, labels, and number fields. Basically everything reads values from the PLC but I have not been able to write anything to the PLC.

Item: Pushbutton
      Value: CompactLogix.pb

Tag Info
      Name: pb
      write_expression: CompactLogix.pb

Any ideas?

gregM
      Participant

Hi moorland,
        the write_expression on the PLC Tag is supposed to be switch_name.value

so if you have a start switch with the name startSwitch you would put startSwitch.value into the write_Expression field of the PLC Tag.

mohrland
        Participant

I had tried that previously but there was an error message. Unfortunately I couldn’t see it because it was hidden under the keyboard. I’ve experienced that a lot. I’ll try it again later, hopefully I had I typo.

Thanks

gregM
          Participant

if you can, send me your project (greg (at) rite control.com) and I’ll see if I can figure it out.

mohrland
            Participant

Greg,

Thanks for the help! I got it working.I misspelled the button name.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © SweetWilliam, S.L 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
            Science and Technology Park of the University of Girona, Emili Grahit, 91 (NarcĂ­s Monturiol building, Office P3-B03) 17003-Girona. Phone +34972183244