HMI Pad Forums Old forum Support (old) Connection dropping out on Modbus TCP

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 9 years, 10 months ago. This post has been viewed 1033 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

G’day,
      i have recently purchased V1.2 of the ScadaMobile app for the iphone and i am finding the TCP connection to the PLC keeps losing itself every time i try to write a value. The value gets changed in the PLC but then all the tags in ScadaMobile go blank and it loses its conneciton.

This occurred with an extremely simple network with only the iPod touch, wifi router and a Schneider Electric plc. I ran a wireshark trace on a port mirror of the PLC’s connection and saw lots of duplicate ACK’s and loss of connections.

Is there going to be an update soon to the app to make this more reliable as i think the concept is fantastic? Also, a feature suggestion would be to be able to address booleans as bits in a word, eg HR6000.12 as a boolean. This would make this app even more useful.

Cheers, and keep up the fantastic work.

John
      Keymaster

Hi hanky.

This is a known issue that affects 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 for certain modbus devices. The problem is due to a bug in the App that expects the response of a write operation when a previous read is not completed. This wrongly triggers a disconnection. The issue was solved and incorporated in version 1.3 which was sent to Apple for review last week and should be available for download on the App Store soon. Apple usually takes one to three weeks to review an upgrade, so it might be out this week.

Joan.
        SweetWilliam Support

admin
        Keymaster

G’day,
          just though id let you know i got version 1.3 today and its fantastic. The modbus issue is gone and it all works great.
          Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © SweetWilliam, S.L 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
        Science and Technology Park of the University of Girona, Emili Grahit, 91 (NarcĂ­s Monturiol building, Office P3-B03) 17003-Girona. Phone +34972183244