HMI Pad Forums Old forum Support (old) Dual connection (WiFi and 3G)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jonkmeister 6 years, 9 months ago. This post has been viewed 2013 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jonkmeister

Hi,

I’m using ScadaMobile on a Siemens S7-1200 application.
      My cliënt wants to use the ScadaMobile when he is at home, using Wifi, and also outside home, using 3G.
      We have installed the Siemens in his home network with a fixed IP-adres.
      This means that he must use this fixed, internal IP-adres when he’s at home (using WiFi), and his public IP-adres (with portforwarding to the fixed, internal IP-adres) when he’s outside (using 3G).
      I would like to know if it is possible that ScadaMobile recognizes automatically that he’s inside (using WiFi) or outside (using 3G) and than automatically uses the right IP-adres.
      If this is not possible, how would you suggest to make this work.
      I’ve already studied the examples and read the forum, but i could not find anything that matches my particular question.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Greetings,
      Martin

John
      Keymaster

Hello Martin,

This is described in a general way in the “Network Settings for remote access” section of the manual. ScadaMobile uses the fact that by international convention Local IP Addresses never overlap Remote Addresses. In the app you only need to enter both your Local IP and your Remote IP (i.e the public IP of your router). The app then switches automatically to one of the two. As you state you also need to enable port forwarding to your internal IP on your router.

Still, for this to work there is one remaining step: your PLC needs to know that you intent to access it through a “gateway” (i.e your router). In our manual we provide screenshots of the relevant configuration panels for Omron and Rockwell Automation software. You should be able to find a similar configuration panel on your Siemens software.

Regards,

Jonkmeister

Hello John,

It works as you described. I’ve entered a local_ip in the sourcefile and also i’ve entered the public ip as remote_host in the same sourcefile.
          The app automatically switches between WiFi and 3G.
          I made the Gateway setting in the Siemens PLC and it works fine here in the office.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © SweetWilliam, S.L 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
        Science and Technology Park of the University of Girona, Emili Grahit, 91 (Narcís Monturiol building, Office P3-B03) 17003-Girona. Phone +34972183244