HMI Pad Forums Main Forums ScadaMobile Support How do you load files

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MarkB 6 years, 1 month ago. This post has been viewed 768 times

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MarkB

Hi, I am a newbie to the SCADAMobile, but I have worked a lot with SCADA and HMI applications across a lot of different platforms. So I am now trying to work with a Horner PLC (an XL-6). I already have the communications working with an IPod gen 2, and I believe I can get through the writing of the different .csv files to make this work, but I am not too familiar with the IPod, IPhone devices. So I have already connected to my Laptop and installed Itunes and it updated my IPod to IOS 6. I installed the SCADAMobile program and it seems to work fine.

Now I need to get in make the changes in the file I want to use and download it to the IPod. Is there an easy explainable way to do that? I have tried installing some Text Readers and such but I have not found anything where I can actually move the files from my computer to my IPod.

So if you could help with this I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
      MarkB

John
      Keymaster

Hi MarkB
        The ScadaMobile app features an embedded web server that allows you to download and upload files to the app. Just start the embedded web server from the Files tab and point your browser to the indicated address. This is by far the most convenient way.
        Alternatively, you can use iTunes file sharing. To use this you must plug your device to your PC, run iTunes and go to the section where the apps on your device are managed. Select ScadaMobile on the panel that appears on the bottom left and you will be able to drop files on the right. Files that you drop there are automatically transferred to the app.
        Thanks

MarkB

Thank you, I will give that a shot. I should be able to finish my spreadsheet later today so I can load in my new one. I have every hope that it will work fine for what I am doing. So this will be a very good thing for the company I am working with.

MarkB

I got this to work and it works fine. This program will work well for what my customer wants.

The one thing I found out was that the structure for the real numbers is different than I am used to. In Modbus, Horner, A/B and other PLC systems when you address a real number it takes up two address, and you usually address it by the lowest numerical address. I.e, if you have a Real Number that is in location say register 1 & 2. Most systems address this as address 1, but I found after much angst that in the SCADAMobile.app it is addressed as HR2. Now that I know it won't be a problem in the future.

Thanks for the help,
            Mark

John
            Keymaster

Mark
              Please open a new topic when the subject changes. This helps users to search them.
              I copied this question to [url]http://www.sweetwilliamsl.com/forums/?vasthtmlaction=viewtopic&t=185.0[/url]
              Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © SweetWilliam, S.L 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
            Science and Technology Park of the University of Girona, Emili Grahit, 91 (NarcĂ­s Monturiol building, Office P3-B03) 17003-Girona. Phone +34972183244