HMI Pad Forums Old forum Support (old) OMRON PLC and ScadaMobile – Mode problem

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cSmith 7 years, 2 months ago. This post has been viewed 3095 times

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

cSmith

Hi,

I am using ScadaMobile to connect to my OMRON PLC (CS1G-H) in Monitor Mode. While I am in monitor mode I am capable of seeing all my input sensors begin toggled (in the PLC code as well as my SCADA app).

When I try to use my outputs (via ScadaMobile) I get no response from the PLC. The only way I can get my outputs to toggle is to be in program mode. Which I do not want to have.

How do I set it up so that I may access both the Inputs and Outputs of my PLC in Monitor mode from ScadaMobile?

If you need more information or I am not clear enough please let me know and I will try to explain this better.

Thank you for the help!

Curtis

John
      Keymaster

Hi, you almost answered your own question !.

This is possibly because outputs are being updated by the PLC program, so this takes precedence over what a communications software can do. If you want to set an output from SM unlink it from the PLC program, i.e do not use it on the PLC program. Alternatively (better) use program tags on the PLC, and connect them to the outputs. Remember that SM (and any HMI/Scada, by the way) will only be able to write to tags or memory addresses that are not altered by the PLC program.

I hope this helps.

cSmith

John,

Hmm, that does make sense. But I am here at my test bench trying what you suggested and still no luck. It makes sense that the PLC can not deal with the two sources demanding its attention.

I have CX-Programmer(Ladder programming) disconnected from the PLC and strictly SM connected to the PLC. I have my output addresses (taken from the CX code) and have them used in my .cxr file.

Here is an example of my code:

Lift_Table_Ext_Valve BOOL 700.03 “ord:=1023.1; page:=”"Destacker Outputs”"; section:=”"Lift Table”" ; label:=”"Lift Table Ext. Valve Contact”" ; Comment:=”"”" ; style:=”"button”"; button_label:=”"Engage”"; color=Green ; access:=9 ; write_access=9;”

The address 700.03 is my normally open(NO) contact. There is also a safety unlock (NO contact), which I also tried to make write able in SM(you have to be able to turn it on). But this also does not want to turn on.

Hope that explains my thought process a bit. From what you have said I am unsure on how to “use program tags on the PLC, and connect them to the outputs.”

Don’t I have to know what address the output is mapped to in the PLC (via the CX-Programmer)?

Curtis

John
          Keymaster

Curtis,

Please try first to monitor a bit that is not used in your PLC program to convince yourself that this does work. CX-Programmer can run at the same time, no problem. Then use that same bit *in* your PLC program to activate an output. The output should follow that bit.

If you try to move outputs directly from SM you will always end into problems unless you want to do so *only* from SM, otherwise as soon as your PLC program activates/deactivates the output it will remain at the state given by your PLC program and you will not be able to change it by other means. This is indeed a common misunderstanding.

Thanks

cSmith

John,

I finally realized what is going on. In CX-Programmer you can not reference the direct coil or contact. Lucky my company has some code in place that I can access the touch screen controls. Thank you for all the help!

Curtis

cSmith

In coming back to working with SM I am still unsure about why I can not directly access a contact in my PLC code.

For example:

Lets say I have a rung with a contact that if I turn it on it allows for some function block (algorithm) to run. Now I can hard toggle this in the code on and off (it is not used any where else in the code). It is an HR bit, the SM user manual says I can use H bits. But alas I go to write to it (as a BOOL) and it does not toggle the bit on.

Why would it be that some contacts I am able to write to while others I am not? Does it matter if it is a DM,HR,CIO address?

John
                Keymaster

If you attempt to change a bit (any memory area) that is being overwritten by your PLC program, the PLC program will always win. This is the key thing to understand, it does not matter which memory area you are using.

Therefore If you are setting your contact in the PLC code then there is no way to do the same with any Scada (not only ScadaMobile), unless explicit “force set” or “force reset” instructions are used, which are only meant for debugging purposes and thus not used by Scadas.

In the case of OMRON If you want to set a bit both in PLC code and in Scada you can use the SET and RESET Ladder instructions on your PLC code, or to wrap the bit you what to set around a KEEP instruction. In any case it is crucial to use differentiate instructions in the PLC code to activate or deactivate that bit (for example with other coils embedded in DIFU and DIFD instructions) in order to let it free for the Scada app to be able to change it as well.

Thanks.

cSmith

All right thank you, that makes sense now.

pdm

Bonjour,
                      J’ai un automate OMRON CJ1M CPU 11 ETN21 à surveiller (télé accés depuis un iPhone) chez un client.
                      Est ce que l’application ScadaMobile One est suffisante pour visualiser des données et passer des commandes sur l’automate ci dessus?
                      Peut on le faire avec la connection 3G de l’iPhone ou faut il absoluement une connection Wifi?
                      Merci beaucoup pour vos réponses.
                      Elles me seront indispensables pour finaliser ce projet.
                      Cordialement
                      Rodolphe

John
                      Keymaster

Hello Rodolphe. I’m sorry, I can’t write in French, although I speak it rather fluently. There should be no issue in using SM with your PLC, you can do it either with Local or Remote WiFi or with Remote 3G. For remote access the easiest way is to open ports on the DSL router next to your PLC. This is all described in the manual (in English)

Merci.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © SweetWilliam, S.L 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
                      Science and Technology Park of the University of Girona, Emili Grahit, 91 (Narcís Monturiol building, Office P3-B03) 17003-Girona. Phone +34972183244