HMI Pad Forums Old forum General (old) ScadaMobile and IDEC Pentra PLCs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tcmeyers 8 years, 7 months ago. This post has been viewed 1126 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tcmeyers

We are setting up a PLC to control greenhouse functions such as ventilation, motor-deployment of shade cloth, watering, fertilizer concentration, water filtration, humidification, and heating. The PLC is an IDEC MicroSmart Pentra series controller, with additional digital and analog I/O modules. It also has the Ethernet module so we program it via our LAN rather than by a direct cable connection. We’ve set the PLC’s IP address to be 192.168.1.160, which I’m mentioning in case it helps someone in setup descriptions.

I believe we should be able to use the full-fledged ScadaMobile to monitor and make settings in the PLC. I’ve downloaded ScadaMobile ONE to see if it is true that the interface can be accomplished.

This is my first PLC project, and though so far all has gone well, it is all new territory to me. Has anyone had experience using ScadaMobile with an IDEC Pentra? A few pointers regarding configuring both ends would be helpful, even though I’ve read the materials. My immediate goal is simply to be able to monitor one boolean tagged name (an input) and to set/reset a name-tagged boolean variable. If I can get this to work, I’ll feel confident that full-ScadaMobile will be an excellent aid in development and every-day use for our greenhouse.

Are there IDEC users, or materials specific to working with IDEC PLCs?

Thank you!

-Troy

Troy,

The current set up will work. Our team tested the scada mobile demo. I would also recommend the new upgrqaded FC5A -D12K1E or Fc5a-D12 S1E these have ethernet built in to them. If you need imediate help call Don Pham in IDEC Product Marketing.

Rajiv Salhotra

tcmeyers

Rajiv,

Thank you, it’s good to know this is possible. I haven’t been able to get it to work yet.

We are using the FC5A-D32K3 controller with the I/O modules FC4A-J4CN1 and FC4A-T16K3, and of course the FC4A-ENET (FC4A-SX5ES1E).

I would be very interested in seeing an example file so that I can get the configuration right. My email address is tcmeyers (at) troymeyers.com …if you could send me an example, I would also write about, and post needed details here, if I may, so that other IDEC users could refer to it.

-Troy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © SweetWilliam, S.L 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
      Science and Technology Park of the University of Girona, Emili Grahit, 91 (NarcĂ­s Monturiol building, Office P3-B03) 17003-Girona. Phone +34972183244