HMI Pad Forums Main Forums ScadaMobile Support ScadaMobile support 64bit?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Grzegorz 6 years, 2 months ago. This post has been viewed 797 times

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Grzegorz
    Participant

Hi,

Are you plan to add to ScadaMobile support for iPhone 5s 64bit ?

Thanks

John
      Keymaster

Hi Grzegorz,
        Yes, of course we will support the ARM-64 architecture in the near future, specially as more devices with the new chip are available from Apple.
        However, you can already use the current version of ScadaMobile as it is on an iPhone 5s because 32 bit apps continue running seamlessly on top of the 64 bit processor without any issues.
        Thanks

Grzegorz
        Participant

Hi

I use already ScadaMobile on iPhone 5s and all is OK.
          I'm curious if this will affect the shortening of time refresh of elements during scrolling.

regards

John
          Keymaster

Hi,

It won't. Refresh time is mostly related to polling rate and communications performance. Said that I am curious on why you feel that it could be faster. What are your rps (reads per second) and cps (commands per second) figures on the communications panel?

Thanks.

Grzegorz
            Participant

Hi

I did not think about values ​​but about button, switches, picker, etc.

If we scroll during page the components are visible when you stop scrolling, during scrolling are hidden.

0.5s Poll Rate , Rps = 1.93 – 2.05.
              0.0s Poll Rate , Rps = 12.0

It would be nice to create a buffer memory to hold the last value of all the parameters of a loaded page and then as you scroll use the hold last value.

regards

John
              Keymaster

Hi,

"If we scroll during page the components are visible when you stop scrolling, during scrolling are hidden".

Does this only happen on the newest iPhone 5S ?.
                The intended behavior was:
                1- values update when you *end* scrolling on devices with one single core CPU like iPhone 4 and earlier,
                2- values should keep updating *as* you scroll on devices with 2 or more cores, like the iPhone 5 and all iPads from iPad 2

Are you implying that the iPhone 5S behaves as in 1?

Thanks.

Grzegorz
                Participant

Hi,

This behavior (1) exists on all my devices iPhone 4s, iPhone5, 5s and iPad3

regards

John
                  Keymaster

Grzegorz, on an iPhone 3S or iPhone 4, values will not update until you release your finger from the screen or it goes out of screen, the scrolling gesture has to be completely finished (i.e your finger out or up) before values update. This is what I mean by 1
                    On iPhone 4S and later values may update while you scroll, specially if you scroll very slowly. This is behavior 2. The app attempts to update values as quickly as possible for a given poll rate, but if you scroll too fast not all values will be updated on time for the new appearing rows. I assume this is what you are seeing indeed.
                    In either case our intention was to only show values that have been recently polled from the PLC. Showing the last polled value, would cause effects such as displaying wrong values during the waiting time before the correct one arrives. If the value did not change, ok that would be fine. But we must assume that the value could have changed during the time it was not polled. We tested this, you can believe me, and we determined that showing old values was not good.
                    The way we ended implementing the app was not that easy. You must think that rows are reused, and only the visible part of the table is asked to the PLC, this is why the app behaves the same with ten thousand tags. So we needed to do something with the values that are not yet known, and the best approach to prevent distracting users was to show them blank until the value arrives or an error is found.
                    I hope that this makes sense for you.
                    Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © SweetWilliam, S.L 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
                  Science and Technology Park of the University of Girona, Emili Grahit, 91 (Narcís Monturiol building, Office P3-B03) 17003-Girona. Phone +34972183244