HMI Pad Forums Old forum Feature Requests (old) Setting the Modbus Slave ID

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  admin 9 years, 10 months ago. This post has been viewed 958 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

G’day,
      i think an option to set the slae ID in the tag data would be useful. Sometimes you may have a Modbus TCP to Modbus RTU gateway with multiple small PLCs with different slave ID’s on the RTU network. Being able to specify which slave ID a tag comes from could be quite useful.

Cheers

John
      Keymaster

ScadaMobile currently defaults to Unit ’1′ as in most cases this is simply ignored by Modbus/TCP devices. But you are right the ‘Unit Identifier’ is typically used to communicate to serial line Modbus slaves through a Ethernet gateway. This ID clearly refers to or identifies a PLC but I think it should be still implemented in ScadaMobile at a tag level (not at a source level as it could seem), because the IP address where commands will have to be sent will be unique anyway. Am I right?

Thanks,

Joan
        SweetWilliam, S.L.

admin
        Keymaster

Yes, i think it would be good to be able to set it at a tag level. Usually the IP address is unique, however there are often lots of small controllers on a single RTU network which then feeds to a single Eth/Modbus gateway, so having it set for all may not be ideal. But as a first step, yes, if you could set the slave ID for a group of tags(or piece of ‘equipment’) that would be great.

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © SweetWilliam, S.L 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
        Science and Technology Park of the University of Girona, Emili Grahit, 91 (NarcĂ­s Monturiol building, Office P3-B03) 17003-Girona. Phone +34972183244