HMI Pad Forums Main Forums HMI Pad Support Siemens S7 1200 V4.1 not connecting with HMI Pad

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hayabuta 3 years, 7 months ago. This post has been viewed 1227 times

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hayabuta
    Participant

Hello all,

I’m a new user of HMI Pad and so far very happy with the solution. I have installed it on one of our processing system and it is functionally on par with much more expensive HMI solutions but yet a lot more flexible. Way to go SweetWilliam!

Now as I gained confidence with the system, I ordered a new batch of S7 with the new firmware (V4.1) installed right off the bat. That’s when I realized that HMI Draw cannot communicating with the new firmware and tells me “an error was found in received data” instead every time I try connecting it with the CPUs. Since V4 S7-1200′s hardware is different from the V3s, I’m pretty much stuck with them. So I really need to figure out how to use HMI Pad with these V4 CPUs.

Unfortunately the solution I found on the forum in this link http://www.sweetwilliamsl.com/support/forums/topic/an-error-was-found-in-received-data/ didn’t work out for me. It still keeps refusing to connect. At this point, my project can connect seamlessly with my old V3 CPUs, therefore I think the new firmware really is the problem.

Could anyone please show me the way around this?

Thank you very much in advance!

gregM
      Participant

I have PLC’s with V 04.01.03, I’ll see if I can get V 4.1 on one and try to communicate with it.
        But it probably won’t be till tomorrow.

gregM
        Participant

I guess the version that I have on my PLC’s is the latest version, and I have no problem communicating with it.
          there’s a checkbox that you have to check, Click device configuration, Click on PLC, Protection, Check Full Access.

hayabuta
          Participant

Thank you for your very immediate help. I will go back and try again.

I went offline, check the GET/PUT permission and got online again. I tried restarting a few times as well. I’m wondering how I am supposed to know if the checkbox has already taken effect. Maybe warm restart isn’t sufficient?

hayabuta
            Participant

It turns out that I just forgot to apply the hardware configuration to the CPU. After downloading the setting, the error was gone.

Instead, it shows another error “Connection error: “Connection refused”". I kept playing with the controller slot parameter but it only gets me a few tag updates before it goes “connection refused” again. What could be the cause?

Grzegorz
              Participant

Hi,

if You changes protection of PLC, need to rebuild all configuration and project of PLC and after this load it to the PLC.

I use also S7 1200 v 4.1 without any problems ( my protection of PLC is like a screenshots )

S7 1200 v4.1

regards

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  Grzegorz.

hayabuta
                Participant

Thank you Grzegorz! The solution is right. It is working now!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © SweetWilliam, S.L 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
                Science and Technology Park of the University of Girona, Emili Grahit, 91 (NarcĂ­s Monturiol building, Office P3-B03) 17003-Girona. Phone +34972183244