HMI Pad Forums Old forum Feature Requests (old) Siemens Support

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  tomhelliwell 8 years, 6 months ago. This post has been viewed 1049 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

tomhelliwell

Hello, great app. Just a request for Siemens/VIPA support.

I use Siemens and VIPA PLCs often in my line of work and it would be great if ScadaMobile would support this and it would be great to show off to clients.
      I sometimes use an app called ‘iPLC RW’ to monitor points using the ‘S7 TCP RFC1006′ protocol but the app is very buggy and would prefer to use ScadaMobile.

Thanks

Tom

John
      Keymaster

We have plans to support Siemens in the future, this is indeed a common request, but we are so far having a hard time finding an integrator or a Siemens representative that would help us with these PLCs. I use the occasion to ask the community for any pointers to internet resources or others where we can find relevant information.

Particularly, a detailed, low level description of the raw communication frames for accessing S7 systems through the RFC1006 protocol would be very appreciated. In the mean time, you may be able to use modbus/TCP in combination with the Open Modbus package from Siemens. See brochure:

http://is.industry.siemens.com/broschueren/pdf/services/en/Open_MODBUSTCP_for_SIMATIC_systems_en.pdf

We have at least several users that are using it successfully. I hope that this helps for now.

Thanks.

John
        Keymaster

Please look at our News section and the Release Notes section. The manual is currently being updated and we expect it to be ready in two days or so. Do not hesitate to submit any feedback when you try it !

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © SweetWilliam, S.L 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
        Science and Technology Park of the University of Girona, Emili Grahit, 91 (Narcís Monturiol building, Office P3-B03) 17003-Girona. Phone +34972183244