HMI Pad Forums Main Forums ScadaMobile Support “socket closed by remote peer”.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John 49 years, 11 months ago. This post has been viewed 4217 times

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

John
    Keymaster

I’m on site in Northern Iowa and keep getting an error under comms “socket closed by remote peer”. What does this mean?
      Thanks

John
      Keymaster

This is a TCP error, the PLC refused TCP connections. The app has not even been able to establish a TCP connection. This usually means a misconfiguration somewhere, such as a wrong port number or an outdated firmware on the PLC, but can be other things.

wkapteyn

John,

I have the same error, did you find the solution?

John
          Keymaster

Hi, Are you by chance using a Siemens S7 controller?. These controllers simply close the TCP port when an attempt to access the wrong controller slot is made.

Could you elaborate on the exact conditions or settings that lead you getting this error?

Thanks

wkapteyn

I am using a Siemens Logo. I understand it uses the same protocol as the S7.

John
              Keymaster

The Siemens Logo is not officially supported -we did not test it- so I am not sure if it would work. The default slot number and rack number for SM are 0 (zero). This can be changed with the 'controller_slot' attribute. For a S7-1200 this is zero (the default) so it works with the default setting, but I do not know about the Siemens Logo. I will try to investigate this. Thanks for your feedback.

wkapteyn

In the mean time is there a way I can run scada mobile without a defined platform. Your colourful controls one is awesome. Can I use that template and point my my tags to it somehow.

John
                  Keymaster

You can use 'internal' tags, but they of corse do not update according to any external source. Then you can replace them by actual PLC tags.

Back on topic, our early investigations point out that the Siemens Logo does not use the Siemens ISO/TCP communications protocol, or at least it does not do so in the same way than S7 controllers, so it does not work with ScadaMobile. Unfortunately, Siemens is very closed with regard to give any details on communication protocols, so we may need some time to figure out what to do. It already took a long time for us to support S7 controllers for the same reason. So I'd suggest that you replace the Logo by a S7-1200 for now if this is still acceptable for you, as it is fully supported, and it works flawlessly. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks.

wkapteyn

So one last clarification, can I replace the word internal, with my tag and use scada mobile with no defined protocol? Or did I misunderstand?

John
                      Keymaster

No, you can do the opposite. If you use an actual PLC tag then SM will attempt to connect to a PLC using the default settings, you can't prevent this. I thought you wanted to create your project using internal tags and latter on replace them by actual PLC tags. This is possible, but not running the app with no PLC unless all the tags are internal.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © SweetWilliam, S.L 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
                      Science and Technology Park of the University of Girona, Emili Grahit, 91 (NarcĂ­s Monturiol building, Office P3-B03) 17003-Girona. Phone +34972183244