HMI Pad Forums Old forum Feature Requests (old) The new iPad as a powerful HMI

This topic contains 16 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Grzegorz 7 years, 7 months ago. This post has been viewed 2036 times

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Grzegorz
    Participant

Hi,
      It would be nice if ScadaMobile got the full interface for editing vector graphics and tags on a Mac and PC, as it is in the program myScada. Looking at the new iPad and 2048×1536 screen resolution it would be really impressive tool to create a powerful HMI. Is it planned in the future?

regards
      Grzegorz

Dutch
      Participant

We just did a remote generator control installation on an island in northern BC.

That’s exactly what we have; iPad as HMI, permanently installed on Velcro on the PLC enclosure.
        Put a car charger in the enclosure, bob’s your uncle!

John
        Keymaster

Hi all, we are working on it. We expect to have an early prototype of a true HMI app ready by Hannover Messe Fair latter this month. I will post soon more news about the current state of development and features.

Thanks !!

SweetWilliam, S.L.

Grzegorz
          Participant

Any new information about the upcoming application?

regards
            Grzegorz

John
            Keymaster

Hi, we’ve been at the Hannover Messe Fair and showed a prototype to some selected partners, but so far we can not discuss much about it. The only I can tell is that it will be an iPad only app, it will use the high performance, tag optimizing drivers already available on the ScadaMobile app, and you will be able to arrange controls anywhere on the screen, add/remove tags, PLCs, pages, visual elements and so on, right from the app interface, all while still running the app in real-time mode and monitoring value updates at the same time you edit things, with no need of any external software or editors running on a PC.

Grzegorz
              Participant

Do you have any new information for us?

regards
                Grzegorz

John
                Keymaster

We are quickly evolving the new HMI app. This is a very complex app and we must cover a lot of aspects before we can make it available to the public. Besides the new graphics capabilities and the ability to edit projects in place, which will be the key feature of the app, we want to cover most of the features already available in the ScadaMobile app. We are on it and I am very satisfied about how it is going. For your information I will send you in private a couple of screenshots of how it looks so far.

Thanks

Grzegorz
                  Participant

Thanks for the information and I will be eagerly waiting for the public release.

regards
                    Grzegorz

Gennady

Could you PM it to me as well?

John
                      Keymaster

Sure, I just sent an email with some screenshots. Thanks!

Grzegorz
                        Participant

Hi,
                          we are 6 months later, any new informations, screenshots, descriptions for us about upcoming app.?

regards
                          Grzegorz

John
                          Keymaster

I sent you a beta of the new app for you to test via private email.

lakosalaiz
                            Participant

Hey John,

I just read this about your beta version….what do I need to also get a copy and review it for you??

Gennady

Would love to test it.

John
                                Keymaster

Hi Lako, I am contacting you on private email. Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © SweetWilliam, S.L 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
                                Science and Technology Park of the University of Girona, Emili Grahit, 91 (NarcĂ­s Monturiol building, Office P3-B03) 17003-Girona. Phone +34972183244