HMI Pad Forums Main Forums General Update Error Could Not Find A Suitable Activation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John 3 years, 7 months ago. This post has been viewed 1036 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

edmltd
    Participant

I have purchased two licenses for the same project and activated them on two seperate viewer apps. When i try to update the project in the viewer i get an error. The error says “Update Error” “Could not find a suitable activation for project with identifier” followed by the project idenfier. I have logged out of the icloud i purchased the license with and logged into a customer icloud account. I have uploaded the local project the activation is linked to under the customer icloud account.Please can you give me some idea why i am getting this error.

John
      Keymaster

Hi Ed,

You must upload (activate) the project in HMI Draw while logged into your ‘developer’ icloud account. In the ‘integrators service’ section of the HMI Draw app you should be able to see the activation codes you purchased as well as the number of used redemptions.

Your customer (or you using a customer icloud account) can then ‘redeem’ an activation code from the HMI View app. As a developer or automation integrator, you never use customer icloud accounts on the HMI Draw app. ‘Integrator’ icloud accounts are used only on the HMI Draw app and ‘customer’ icloud account are used only on the HMI View app. Both accounts can be the same but this not the general case.

If a customer created a redemption that is not longer used he can delete it in HMI View and redem the activation code again (using customer icloud account). You should be able to tell your customer whether he has free redemptions by looking at the activation code in HMI Draw (using your icloud account).

I hope this helps to clarify the whole process.

Thanks,

John

edmltd
        Participant

The activation code has been used in the view app and the project was downloaded around 4 months ago so the activation code was used on that viewer. The problem occurs when the customer tries to update the software in the viewer app.

John
          Keymaster

Hi Edmltd

I already understand that. Please reread my previous message, I believe you may be messing with several iCloud accounts in HMI Draw.

Projects are identified by a project id. The error your customer gets implies just what it says. Please take a written note of the project id stated in the error message.

Your customer used a particular activation to download the project. On HMI Draw, verify said activation is linked to the project id noted above. Also verify that the project is still on the integrators server under the same iCloud account you used to purchase the activation. Maybe you deleted the project on the server or you may need to upload it again using the SAME iCloud account you used to buy the activation.

Thanks,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © SweetWilliam, S.L 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
          Science and Technology Park of the University of Girona, Emili Grahit, 91 (NarcĂ­s Monturiol building, Office P3-B03) 17003-Girona. Phone +34972183244