HMI Pad Forums Old forum Support (old) User account change is problematic, scada mobile will not start

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  clayton 7 years ago. This post has been viewed 1053 times

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

clayton

Hi,

If I create a new user account and give it a permission level of <9 and log into it I experience a problem.
      The settings page correctly displays as a non administrator as it should.
      As soon as I navigate away from the settings page SM closes.
      If I try to open SM it briefly opens then closes.
      Restarting my OS does not help.

All I can do is delete SM, then re install.

John
      Keymaster

What version of SM and iOS are you running ?

Thanks.

clayton

Hi,

I was using OS5, and have just upgraded to OS6 to see if it made a difference.

With OS6 SM still closes, but when I re open it it has changed me back to administrator.

SM version 2.1.8

John
          Keymaster

Clayton,

Since iOS6 Apple made changes in the developer APIs that caused earlier versions of ScadaMobile to fail when running on the new OS. Version 2.1.8 is rather old, please update the SM app to the latest (version 2.2.3) and tell me if the problem persists.

Thanks!

clayton

Hi, I have updated both and have had some success, however when it comes to allocating access to varibles, I still cannot make it work.

when user access=9 everything is fine.
              When user access<9, I am having problems.

If I assign write_access=5 to a tag, for example, I cannot even view that tag unless i also assign access=5 on the same line.
              This then defeats the write access.

I am confused about the exact way that user access works.
              -I am using many hidden lines and lookups.

Do I need to assign "access=x" to tags that are "hidden=true", or "LOOKUP"?
              How do I assign access so that user level 1-5 may view a tag, but user level 6-8 may write to that same tag?

Also:
              Can I use varibles for the "bounds{x,x}" instruction?
              Can I hide the alarm tab if I am not using alarms and user access is <9?
              How can I deploy this app easily to my companies staff iphones? Is there an easy way to purchase them in one block, so we dont have multiple people having to pay themselves and fill in expense claims?

Your help is appreciated.
              Regards, Clayton.

John
              Keymaster

The ‘access’ attribute always takes precedence over the ‘write_access’, so if you set for instance access=5 and write_access=6 all users above or equal to 5 will see the tag but only users above or equal to 6 will be able to write it.

On previous versions the access attribute did remove completely the affected rows, however since version 2.2.2+, the access attribute hides rows just like the ‘hidden’ attribute does, so if you have a row set to be always hidden (with hidden=true) there is no need to specify ‘access’ on that row.

The ‘bounds’ and the ‘scale’ attributes do not support variables in their values, if you have only a few combinations maybe you can achieve a similar result by having several rows with several settings of bounds, and then you chose one using an expression on the ‘hidden’ attribute.

We are aware of the problem about deploying the app for multiple users, this is in part due to the App Store model. If you really have a big amount of users there is a way to simplify deploying the app by enrolling to the b2b volume purchase program. I will email you directly to give some more details in case this is of your interest.

Thanks.

clayton

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Regarding user access the following happens:

If a row contains xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx;access=5;write_access=6; then that tag is writeable from 5-9 and hidden from 0-4
                  If a row contains xxxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx;write_access=6;access=5; then that tag is readable from 5-9 and hidden from 0-4

This seems a little strange- is this correctly operating?

Regards, Clayton.

clayton

Also,

If a row contains xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx;write_access=6 then that tag is only visible in level 9.

John
                    Keymaster

Hi, we found you are right. There is definitely a problem with this.

What we found is that the write_access state of rows only updates after a project reload, but not when you simply change user. This causes the ability to write on rows to remain at the state it was when you loaded the project, instead of updating dynamically as it should. The ‘access’ attribute however works fine.

We will work on a fix on the next few days and will submit an update immediately.

In the mean time, for the ‘write_access’ changes to take effect, you need to reload the project (csv) by selecting it again on the files tab while the ‘Admin access level limit’ is set to the desired value. This trick should allow you to continue developing your project while you wait for the definite fix.

Thank you very much for your feedback and time.

Joan
                      SweetWilliamSL

John
                      Keymaster

We just got version 2.2.4 approved. Please test it when you have a chance, it should solve your issue.

Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © SweetWilliam, S.L 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
                      Science and Technology Park of the University of Girona, Emili Grahit, 91 (NarcĂ­s Monturiol building, Office P3-B03) 17003-Girona. Phone +34972183244