This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  John 6 years, 6 months ago. This post has been viewed 1248 times

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

John
    Keymaster

I am having some problems trying to get remote access to our PLC systems. I have a quick question…

I know you said that your app connects directly to the PLC without a server or intermediate box, and what we want to do is actually get that interface and be able to monitor everything remotely. My question is: ‘Does your app work with VPNs?” I mean, I just thought about connecting to a VPN created at every location, and it would be just like if we were physically there, right?? Then with our iPads, we could read, edit or manipulate the system. Am I right, or am I going crazy already??

John
      Keymaster

The ScadaMobile app supports VPN as it is integrated in the iOS operating system. It is sometimes tricky to setup a router with a VPN connection working for an iPad/iPhone and not all sorts of VPNs are supported but this is definitely possible. The one I know that works is the PPTP kind. From the SM side you will only need to enter the ‘virtual’ ip and it will work as if it was physical.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright © SweetWilliam, S.L 2009-2013. All rights reserved.
      Science and Technology Park of the University of Girona, Emili Grahit, 91 (NarcĂ­s Monturiol building, Office P3-B03) 17003-Girona. Phone +34972183244